Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happiness in Paris is...

Happiness in Paris is:
1) Finding beer pong that was already set up and organized in a Paris bar.
I have to tell you that it's hilarious how excited the french trackers were on saturday night when we stumbled upon beer pong at a bar in the Mouffetard. It only got better when an Austalian guy made Pfaff his partner against these two obnoxious american girls and beat them. Then the next game I talked Sara into playing for the first time, and it's always funny when southern ladies who wear pearls and shun beer start dominating at beer pong. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I was also excited that it was a Chicago white sox beer pong table. I'm not a sox fan, but anything chicago makes me a little nostalgic. Apparently the owner of the bar is a big fan.
2) We made FRENCH friends on saturday night.
yeah, real ones. I'm pumped. Basically what happened is we were at the bar post beer pong and Nanda and I sent Samantha off to find friends. Not sure why. We just said, "Samantha, go find friends, and then she disappeared for an hour." Around that time, Nanda and I said to each other, ummmm where's Samantha, since we kinda had expected her back in about T minus 30 seconds. But no, I think her new thigh high argyle socks made her brave because she was downstairs with a bunch of frenchies making nice. So Nanda and I headed down there too and were introduced to Celine, two guys names guillaume, thomas and jerome. We spent the rest of the night talking to them, until we got kicked out at 4am. They were extremely nice and tolerated whatever french nonsense was spilling out of my mouth that night. At the end of the night, we got double kissed! (It's ok, mom, you can keep reading it was just on the cheek). That just means that we're real french friends. The plan is to hang out more this weekend and help them on their english and me on my french(since nanda doesn't really need help).
3) I got mistaken for another nationality
On monday, I went to make my parents' hotel reservation for their trip here in March. On a whim, i decided to just do the whole thing in French. It was crazy. I actually understood what the hotel manager was saying and then words just came out of my mouth correctly. Anyways, at the end of our little transaction, she says to me, oh are you originally from London? and I say no, no, no, I'm american. And she says, "Oh, that's not possible, you're french is way to good, you must at least be british." HAAAAAAA, I'll certainly never pass for french, but I've acheived a british level of crappy french. Good work team france! I almost jumped out of my pants I was so excited.
Anyways, that's all for now, and remember when you leave me comments, i feel loved.

2 comments:

Fay said...

Dear Emily, I am having a wonderful time being in Paris with you. Thank you. Fay

Kate said...

Dude I've had two people think I'm French here. I think people have a hard time placing my accent since I actually make a good college try and end up sounding funny but not American. Either that or I keep losing wars...