Friday, January 12, 2007

Mon Francais est tres mauvais

So, my french is bad. Really bad, but at least I understand what I hear, except when someone is speaking directly too me and I get nervous. Kinda likewhen my parents used to refuse to order me dessert in a mexican restaurant, until I ordered in Spanish. Moving on, yesterday, in class, I was trying to explain to my friend Josh, in french, that all the french homeless people have dogs because if you have a dog, then you can't be arrested because then the dog would be left behind and that's cruelty to animals. Anyways, this is what came out in french: "If you have a dog...a law...ha ha ah ha...I LIVE IN THE STREET."
And now for a lesson in French administration. Today we went to the bank to open account, but we can't actually take money out of the account or get checks, until we get our carte de sejour (the visa that allows us to stay in France). But, you can't get a carte de sejour unless you have a bank account. So, now I have a bank account that doesn't work, so that I can stay in the country.
That is it for now. Off to a tour of Paris.

No comments: