Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Atlanta Airport + me = let's go to paris!

So, here I am waiting to see if my plan to fly standby to Paris will actually work. But it's looking good so far, since my bag was overweight and the guy at the ticket counter let it slide. He said it was his christmas present to me. Who's glad their sister made them wear makeup today? ME! Anyways, I'm pretty nervous and a little sweaty. I'm supposed to meet up with Nanda, Samantha and the Lequires once I arrive in gay Paris. They are in aerogare 1, and I arrive in aerogare 2. But with the help of Nanda, I have thought of a fantastic plan to get me to the bar where we are meeting. It basically involves me saying "Je voudrais bar?" ( i would like bar) and then pointing to her email that has the name of the bar and possible making noises and gestures like I was drinking at said bar. I'm full of great ideas.
Moving on, once I get to Paris, the plan is to hang out for a few days and embarass myself as I adjust to the culture/language. Then, some of Team Spain will help us ring in the new year. After that, I'll be skiing at the Massif Central avec Jason and the Lequires. And then visit my british friend in London the 5th-7th. School starts the 10th. Alright, about to board. More stories to come!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Yay, way to get a blog! Have fun in la france!!

Janet M. Woods said...

So splain the turkish communal toilet...no walls? just holes? Just feet places? what??

Fay said...

Fay said...
Don't blame the Turks - they learned it from the French. Don't stoop - just gently flex your knees. Voila!